COVID 19 – Support for your Business
The City of Brampton is committed to supporting businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As always, the Brampton Economic Development and Culture Office, including the Brampton Entrepreneur Centre team, are available to support our business community.
Although City of Brampton facilities are closed, the Brampton Entrepreneur Centre services are still available virtually. Whether your business is getting ready to reopen, or you’re pivoting operations to service the new COVID economy, we are here to help. We’ve got the tools and resources you need. Find out more here Brampton Back to Business
Sector Managers are working closely with our business community to understand how they are being impacted and how we can support them. Our team is here to help.
- Innovation & Technology – Devin Ramphal email@example.com
- Advanced Manufacturing – Daryl VanMoorsel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Sciences and Food & Beverage Processing – Martin Bohl email@example.com
- Tourism Office – Laura Lukaski, Manager of Tourism firstname.lastname@example.org
- Film Office – Michael Ciuffini, Film & Tourism Specialist email@example.com
REOPENING AND RECOVERY
Health and Safety guidelines to ensure your business is well-positioned to openProvince of Ontario: Framework for Reopening
A Framework for Reopening our Province lays out the government’s approach to the next chapter in the ongoing fight to defeat COVID 19. It outlines the principles the government will use to reopening businesses, services and public spaces in gradual stages.
Ontario is releasing safety guidelines to protect workers, customers and the general public from COVID-19 as it prepares for a gradual reopening of the provincial economy.
The Patio Brampton Program is a temporary patio extension program which makes it easier for Brampton bars and restaurants to expand their patios and allow for physical distancing as they re-open outdoor dine-in services, once permission is received from the Province. If you have questions about patio extensions or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses should put measures in place to reduce the risk of workplace exposure of COVID-19. Measures include increasing physical distancing, adjusting work spaces, changing how we work, using PPE, and following hygiene and cleaning practices.
Read the list of essential workplaces in response to COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus). If you have questions about what will be open or impacts to your business or employment, click learn more or call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659.
News & Announcements
Government Financial Support Programs & Funding Resources
Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Retail Council of Canada | Retail Re-entry Resources for Employees and Customers
- Guides & Plans
- Canadian Business Resilience Network (CBRN)
- Business Credit Availability Program
- BDC (Business Development Bank of Canada)
- Employment Insurance (EI) and Work-Sharing Program
- Canadian Business Resilience Network