Canon Canada introduced new technologies and solutions at its 50th Anniversary Open House last week, attended by media, local dignitaries and members of the business community.
Brampton, ON – (November 8. 2023) – Last week, Canon Canada, a leader in digital imaging technology, unveiled a range of new technologies and solutions that it will bring to market as the company expands its portfolio and looks to new horizons for its next 50 years of business in Canada.
The new technologies, services and solutions showcased at the inaugural Open House event are part of the expansion of Canon Canada in business areas including material sciences, AI and environmental technology, virtual reality, Managed IT, as well as its continued innovation in core areas of expertise such as imaging, printing, software and solutions.
Leveraging Canon’s legacy in material science to further environmental innovation
- SILK Material
- SPROUT Plant Monitoring
MEDICAL SCIENCES (by Canon Medical Systems Canada)
Meaningful medical innovations that are “Made for Life”
VIRTUAL MEETING SOLUTIONS
Bridging distance to connection with exceptional imaging and technology
- AMLOS Collaborative Remote Meeting
- PTZ Remote and Network Camera Solutions
- KOKOMO – Meet in-Person Virtually
- EOS Webcam and Utility Pro
COMMERCIAL IMAGING SOLUTIONS
Taking imaging to heights that have never been seen before
- MS-500 with SPAD Technology – Enabling Long-Range Night Vision
- EOS VR System – Stereoscopic 3D Video
- FREE VIEWPOINT – Immersive Volumetric Video
- Ready-Made and Semi-Custom Satellites
- Immersion Grating – Enhanced Cosmological Observation
- Digital Galvano Scanners For Precision Laser Systems
Commercial solutions to deliver efficiency and secure automation
- SUPRA ITS – Managed IT Services
- Intelligent Pay + ARTSYL Accounts Payable System
- IRIS Optical Document Classification System
- WHIZ Commercial Robot Vacuum
- Therefore Information Management Software
Increase efficiency with dependable and versatile production technology
- Label Printers
- Shuttle Mold System
- Arizona Series Large Format Flatbed Printers
- Colorado Series Large Format Printer
Remote and high-precision software to improve productivity
- Vision Edition Camera-Based Inspection System
- Vision Navigation System For Automated Guided Vehicle
A showcase of Canon products and applications
- Cameras and Image Capture Devices
- Consumer and Small Business Printers
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX Printers
- imagePRESS V Family Printers
The Open House was attended by dignitaries, representatives from the City of Brampton and members of the Canadian and Japanese business communities, who watched demonstrations of the new tech and celebrated 50 years of Canon Canada. His Worship Patrick Brown, Mayor of Brampton, along with Brampton’s Regional Councillor for Wards 9 and 10 and Chair of its Economic Development Committee, Gurpartap Singh Toor and Regional Councillor for Wards 2 and 6, Navjit Kaur Brar, presented a certificate to acknowledge the milestone.
- Click here to view a selection of photos from the event.
- Click here to view the event brochure with product details.
About Canon Canada
Headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, Canon Canada Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A. Inc., is a leading provider of consumer and business-to-business digital imaging solutions. Innovation and cutting-edge technology have been essential ingredients in Canon’s success. Canon Canada Inc. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 per cent Canadian-based service and support for all the products it distributes. Canon Canada Inc. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility.
“Canon Canada is proud to celebrate 50 years of business success, learning and community participation in Canada. Now we are thinking about the next 50 years and the new horizons we will explore, drawing on our existing strengths in customer service, innovation and sales, to position ourselves for the future. In doing so, we will build our company, continue to invest in our community, and move technology forward.”Sammy Kobayashi, President and CEO, Canon Canada
“Congratulations to Canon Canada on their 50th anniversary! Since 1973, Canon Canada has been a leading provider in digital imaging and optical product technology. “As a thriving hub for technology and innovation, we are delighted to have Canon Canada play an integral role in creating jobs within our community. It is a great honour to celebrate this significant achievement with you. We look forward to continuing to work together while inspiring innovation for the future.”Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
We’re excited to continue our relationship with Canon Canada and make Brampton the top choice for innovation and technology in the years to come!
About the City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 700,000 people and 90,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable, and successful. Visit brampton.ca to learn more.
For media inquiries, please contact Corporate Communications.