As the fastest-growing big city in Canada, Brampton benefits from a strong and diversified economy. In fact, at $350 million 2021 was the strongest year to date for industrial development in the City of Brampton. For example, the Heart Lake Business Park is set to open in Q1 2023 and has an impressive seven buildings comprised of five “Class A Industrial”.
Top 10 Business Investments
- MDA – new global HQ and Space Robotics Centre of Excellence +700 jobs
- Alectra Operations Centre – $52 million project with 400 jobs
- Boston Scientific + 45 jobs
- Maple Lodge Farms expansion 250,000 sq ft with 400 jobs
- Accuristix + 135 jobs
- Alstom +120 jobs.
- Toppits Foods + 30 jobs
- Brampton Brick – 10,000 sq ft expansion with 35+ jobs with +$25,000,000 investment
- Canadian Tire – 1.3 million-square-foot national distribution centre for Marks Work Warehouse & Sportchek with +650 jobs
- Maple Leaf new investments in plant protein capacity at the Walker Drive facility + 150 jobs
In addition, Amazon has expanded to 6 facilities in Brampton and now employs almost 8,000 people!
These businesses are all benefiting from Brampton’s talent and location in the middle of the Innovation Corridor with easy access to all 400 series transcontinental highways accessing 158 million consumers.